Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My old life & New life in Christ!

I really wanted to start this blog to share my testimony of what Jesus Christ has done in my life and is still doing. If you told the person from 3 years ago that used to be me that this is who I would be Now, I would laugh and walk the other way in disbelief. But God has given me a new life in Jesus Christ. As John Newton said ~ "I am not what I ought to be, I am not what I want to be, I am not what I hope to be in another world; But still I am not what I once USED to be, and by the GRACE of GOD I am what I am" I praise the Lord for His saving grace, for the cross that Jesus carried for me,that my sins past, present and future are nailed to the cross and I bear them no more. Gods wrath for me has been satisfied through the blood of His Son Jesus. 3 years ago I was a thief, a drunk an idolater, useless to God a daughter of disobedience following the prince of the power of the air.(Ephesians 2:2) Hopeless and lost 30 years of my life I tryed to change my self always thinking Im gonna stop being like this, acting like this, getting in trouble. I was brought up in a church went to church Sundays, Wednesdays, Friday for prayer. I was baptized at about the age of 7 but as the years went by and I got older what I thought I learned was snatched away by the evil one. (Matthew 13:18) I quickly forgot most of what I learned. Whats funny is I did remember some verses and thought it was enough to say I believed so my heart decieved me into thinking I really did believe. (John 3:16) I left home at the age of 14 I stayed with some friends my older sisters and brothers or sometimes in the street then I lived in more sin with a guy for 4 years. To think I had a nice comfortable, warm, bed at home but I loved my sin to much to give it up. My mom is a single parent my Dad left her with 5 kids 1 was already grown and married. I think this had a lot to do with my bringing up, my anger I store up, and my hate for Church because he claimed to be a christian. I saw a lot of things growning up in church gossip, clicks that if you weren't like them then they didnt talk to you. There were other things that a true church should not let go on But I know now, as Jesus said "You will know them by their fruit" Matthew 7:16 ~ So I went on my merry way thinking I was content and did not need God or religion. As the years went by I just got dumber and dumber got in trouble with the law and my idolization with Rock music grew and grew at about 26 years of age I thought maybe I do need to go to church? Maybe God can help me? So for 4 years I went on and off (when ever I didnt have hangover) to a big entertaining church. This started making me think, maybe I would go to heaven. After all I saw some people that I knew there that were doing the same things I was doing getting drunk and remaining the same. I didnt know 1 Corinthians 6:9 and I still continued to decieve myself that I believed and that was enough. At about 29 this is when God started opening my eyes to see the truth and the depravity in my heart. I was arrested for evading arrest because I had a warrant I didnt want to go to jail so I ran. This put me in jail for about 2 days then my mom took me out because my husband was to upset and frustrated with me. I got probation for a year and had to pay a lot of fines. Being a mother of a 6 year old and a wife I started seeing how horrible I was to both of them, how miserable I was and how much I needed to change. I started reading the bible and God started showing me that only he could change me and that I didnt have to fix my self first, then come. He said "Come to me all you who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest" Matthew 11:28 ~ I always thought deep down inside that I was to messed up that I had screwed up to many times and that God would not want me. But He started showing me the truth, about His son, about His word, and I cried that he would change me because I was so tired of being me and I needed His help. 3 years later that person is dead(2Corinthians 5:17)~ JESUS CHRIST saved me! The desires I once had, the things I once loved and that I was inslaved to he took away. ~ Christ changed my heart and gave me a knew one and his spirit now lives in me. (Ezekiel~ 37:26) That old self has been crucified with Christ it is no longer I who live But Christ who lives in me and the life that I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God who LOVED ME and GAVE HIMSELF FOR ME!! Galatians 2:20

No comments:

Post a Comment